Emergency Services

Homeless Relief

Throughout the year, we distribute food, clothing, and toiletries to the local homeless of the Permian Basin.

Food Pantry

We provide healthy food boxes for individuals and family's
faced with missing meals.

Financial Assistance

We offer rental assistance to those who qualify through our Self-Sufficiency program. This is for individuals who have experienced an emergency within the last 30 days.

Financial Assistance

We provide financial assistance to individuals and families who have experience a crisis within the last 30 days. We can assist in funds for utilities, bus passes, identification cards, antibiotic prescription assistance, school supplies (as available).

Services are offered to residents of Ector County

Emergency Services Program Required Supporting Documents Checklist ** IF ALL DOCUMENTS ARE NOT PRESENTED TO CASEWORKER AT TIME OF INTERVIEW, YOUR CASE WILL BE CLOSED AND WILL NOT BE RESCHEDULED. ** Emergency must be within the last 30 days.

Emergency must be within the last 30 days.

  • Proof of Identification: (required for every member in the household):
    • Government Issued Identification Card
    • Social Security Card for yourself and for each member of the household.
  • Proof of ALL household income:
    • 2 months of check stubs
    • 2 months of Bank statements (checking and savings accounts)
    • Current HUD / Housing Authority Agreement
    • VA Benefits Award Letter
    • Social Security / Disability Award letter
    • 401k/Pension Benefits Letter
    • Food Stamps/ SNAP Award Letter
    • Unemployment Benefits Award Letter
    • TANF Award Letter
    • Current Child Support Award Letter or Legal Agreement *must be file stamped
    • If not receiving Child Support, please bring a registration letter from the Attorney General
  • Verification of Residence: This is proof that you live in Ector County. Ex. Utility Bill with your name and your address.
  • Proof/Verification of Emergency: Emergency must be within the last 30 days.
  • Proof of what has caused you to have a loss of income: What happened to the money you would have used to pay your bill/rent?
    • Receipt of payment for a hospital bill or emergency room visit that has caused a financial strain you would not otherwise have.
    • Doctors statement (with all contact information) requiring you to be out of work - this will be verified.
  • Proof of Employment: You must be working to show that you will be able to pay your bill/rent next month.
  • If Applying for Rental Assistance:
    • Landlord Form (will be provided by Catholic Charities) –Must be completed by your Landlord to ensure they will work out a payment arrangement/plan with no eviction.
    • Current Lease Agreement or Contract
  • If Unemployed:
    • Social Security Benefit Letter, 401k/Pension Benefits Letter
    • If you are awaiting a Disability or Workman’s Comp claim, please bring current Doctor’s Inability to Work Letter
    • If pregnant with complications, provide diagnosis and Doctor’s Inability to Work Letter
Appointment will be rescheduled if all required documents are not present at the interview.