Family Thrift Store
Why donate to Catholic Charities Family Thrift Store?
It is a ministry of Catholic Charities Odessa. Your donated items will help neighbors in need who count on Catholic Charities Family Thrift Store as an affordable shopping destination. Sale proceeds from your donated items will also impact those who rely on Catholic Charities’ crucial programs and service
During the winter months, we help with coats, blankets, etc. with special emphasis for the homeless. Please consider sharing your unwanted goods with our organization.
Sort through those shirts, jeans and shoes that you no longer wear. Clear out those kitchen pots, pans and gadgets that are taking up cabinet and counter space. And while you’re at it, you might as well tackle that storage room filled with unused treasures and furniture.
Get your family involved. Challenge your friends, co-workers and groups you’re involved in to do the same.
See the list below for items you can donate!
** Nothing that is donated is ever wasted. Nothing that is donated ever ends up in the landfill. We partner with Charity Shoes and Clothing to send donated items that we are not able to sell in our thrift store to third world countries.
What can you donate?
ITEMS WE ACCEPT
- Men, women, and children’s clothing (clean without tears or stains)
- Furniture (free of obvious stains, tears, and odors)
- Houseware and small appliances in working condition
- Home Décor (frames, floral arrangements, Christmas trees, etc.)
- Musical Instruments
- Sports and Camping equipment
- Backpacks and handbags
ITEMS WE DO NOT ACCEPT
- Furniture that is broken, stained or odorous · Mattresses, box springs, and sofa sleepers
- Items with mold
- Car seats, strollers, cribs, baby beds
- Pianos or organs
- Toys of any kind
- Exercise equipment
- Computers and computer equipment
- Construction materials
- Automobile parts: tires, mufflers, fenders, etc.
- Helmets (used) of any kind
- Broken appliances
- Hazardous and/or Flammable materials
- Mirrors or glass without frames